torsdag, juli 04, 2013

Heading for Alcudia 22.06.13

It is about time I start getting the pictures out here from my trip to Alcudia. No bragging aka "see how great it was", just want to share. ;) Well, lets start with first thing first. The trip started with leaving wet Trondheim barefooted in sandals on saturday afternoon, heading for the airport. One advantage about travelling late is that you can spend the entire day packing, then just go. 

But advantage or not, I still managed to forget the battery charger for my dear Nikon camera. It was only pure luck that it was fully charged, as I did not check that either. This is why some of the pictures are taken with my iPhone. 

Beach hat in straws was a must-have-with-me.
We got at the restaurant right beside our gate after some tax-free shopping, where we met up with M's family. There we ate chips and got a glass of alcoholic beverages. Just to relax and talk about expectations and stuff. This was my first trip to southern Europe, ever. And of course, with my luck the flight was a little bit delayed. 

Finally boarding the plane!

This is what I got to watch the first few hours of the flight. It just got more and more beautiful as it got darker. After it got dark it was interesting to watch the lights of cities underneath us. We had a screen in the panel above is which told us where we where. Which made it so interesting to watch out the window! Must be one of the first flights I have actually enjoyed sitting by the window.

Lights of a city in France.
But the space for our feet weren't something to brag about on this plane. For tiny little me it was okay, but for M who is about 30 cm taller than me it was just about too little space. Felt sorry for him as it was a 4 hour flight! 


We landed at Palma De Mallorca airport, which I thought was incredible big for such a tiny island. Had to walk pretty far to find the baggage collection bands, just to wait 2 hours for it. No none knew what where happening and no one could tell us where all the luggage had disappeared. And it was in the middle of the night! 

But when we finally got out of there, at 3 AM, I saw the first palm tree I have seen in real life before we went on a 1 hour bus ride to Viva Sunrise hotel. Then it was a check-in cue at the hotel, and I was drop dead tired. We weren't in bed before 5 AM, and I have never been so happy to see a hotel bed before!


The hotel room was quite nice and squeaky clean. And we had a balcony facing the pools and backyard of the hotel. But we where to tired to check it out much, and we didn't want to sleep for too long as we planned to go to the beach the next day. I instantly fell asleep, and this is what we woke up to: 

Love it!
X X O X X ( [ ] u [ ] ) y ~ 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Gjerne legg igjen en kommentar her! ;)