torsdag, juni 20, 2013

Confusion & Bikinis

In all honesty, I 've had no clue what to blog about lately. I feel like that by returning home from UK, a big part is just over, like that. And It has probably given me the clueless feeling of "what am I going to do now?. And it has affected this blog. So, lets talk about Bikinis.

Because every damn year the bikini trend is just horrible, it never fails. Either it got horrible patterns, thousands of pallets stuck to it, or it is in a horrible shape. I do not want one where I will get a big white banner on my back if I tan in it. I do not want a strapless one. Nor one with these big rings or ornaments - that will give you an awkward tan. No, I want it simple. I want the triangle shape, the one you tie in a ribbon yourself.


Here is what I got so far:

2011: This was the year I could not find anyone I liked, and the green flower bikini is the perfect example of me just grabbing one in the end of a hours long hunt in annoyance. It is dark coloured and the triangles are waay to long. The only smart thing about this one is the rubber at the edges of the triangles, preventing it from slipping. Still, I hate it. But until summer 2012 it was the only one I had.

2012: This year, I could not find a set in my size at all so I had to mix&match. But I was, and I still am, quite satisfied about this one. I loved and love the leopard print, it has the perfect shape, extra padding to keep the shape and no extra ornaments. Beads at the end of the strap is okay.


2013: This year I intended to take advantage of being in UK, to find me a bikini of it own - one that the shops at home would not have. So I opted for the neon orange-pink one, the pictures do not do the neon colour its justice. This is also the perfect shape, and has extra padding. It has small ring ornaments, but they are tiny enough to not bother me. And I was right about Norwegian shops. While Forever21 had long rows of neon coloured bikinis, I have just spotted a few in Trondheim.


I also found me a second one after returning to Trondheim. Well, going to Alcudia gives me reason enough to get two bikinis this year, right? So when I spotted the summery and fresh patterned bikini top on sale I went on a hunt to find a bottom piece that matched. Which I had to hunt for a while, and take the best match I could find.


Actually, this one got pretty big stone ornaments at the end of each straps, but this time it worked for me. They are delicate and decorative. Instead of being annoying and bothersome. It just gives the top the perfect southern look. And of course, it is the two fresh coloured ones I am bringing with me to Alcúdia.

Which is in.... two days! Have you planned any trips this summer?

X X O X X  ( [ ] u [ ] ) y ~

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Gjerne legg igjen en kommentar her! ;)